Happy New Year 2017!! Yay we survived 2016, I am grateful for all the things I got to experience, the people I got to meet and the wonderful books I got to read! But here’s to all the beautiful books I will read in 2017! I plan to read 50 books this year and hopefully I’ll succeed. In 2016, I’ve read much more books than I did in 2015 and I’m really happy about it! So I guess 2016 wasn’t completely bad!
Read: 49 books – 16,200 pages
Shortest Book: Oedipe-Roi by Sophocle – 80 pages
Longest Book: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling
Average Length: 345 pages
My Average Rating for 2016: 4,1/5 stars
16 FAVOURITE BOOKS OF 2016
- The duology Six of Crows + Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (review ).This book brought me joy, tears, anxiety, suspense, compassion and so much more!! It was a phenomenal ride and it’s one of those book that make you (almost) wish you had amnesia so you could read them again.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K Rowling. I read this book for the first time, and I now understand the hype. I cannot fathom how great these books are. It also happens to be the highest rated book on Goodreads of the books I read this year!
- Isla and The Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins. Now this book changed my life, it’s the main reason I went on holiday in Barcelona (proof here) and I just felt changed, you know?
- Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. (review).WOW. This book is unique, it’s told through files and it is so well done, and so well tought. It’s a gem.
- Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling. Boy, this was good. I’m really amazed at Rowling’s imagination. I cannot imagine how such things can come up in someone’s head, but I’m glad they did in hers.
- The One by Kiera Cass. This is my favourite book from The Selection series. It was everything I hoped for and maybe more. My heart is at peace.
- The Heir by Kiera Cass. This is my second favourite from The Selection series. It was very unexpected and it was what I needed without knowing it.
- The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson. (review) This book contains one of the best book boyfriend ever! This was the perfect summer read.
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I did not expect liking this book, since I strongly disliked Eleanor and Park, though Rowell, is really renowned in the bookverse and rightfully so. She really has talent and I really enjoyed reading this book!
- Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Wow wow wow. This was my first time reading about aliens and boy did I love it!
- The Ruby Red trilogie by Kerstin Gier. (review) This is such a fun, light-hearted book, feel-good book. What else?
- The Wrath and The Dawn by Renée Ahdieh. A retelling of 1001 Nights? Yes, please! I had my expectations a little bit too up for this, but that doesn’t mean it was a bad book. I have to read the second one ASAP!
- Cherry Crush by Cathy Cassidy. This is a book that emodies the term “feel-good book”. It’s about growing up, family values and young love! That’s just cute.
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. (review) The hype is real and so worth it. It’s a moving book about love, life and death. Live Boldly.
- Maus (1 and 2) by Art Spiegelman. (review) The beautiful tale of a WWII survivor, under comics form. Brilliant.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer. (review) I read this during my summer holidays, it was such a fun and quick read. I love retellings and this was a good one.
Hopefully I gave you some books inspo for 2017! Feel free to check out the reviews and tell me what were your favourite books of 2016!