September has come to an end! School started again and it has been pretty intense but paradoxically I had a great reading month! I think it’s the most I’ve read this year. I have read some pretty amazing books and a lot joined my ‘favourites’ shelf including an expected release!
BOOKS I’VE READ
- Serpent and Dove by Shelby Mahurin. This was my most expected release of the month! It was spectacular! I cannot stress how amazing this book was. Honeslty. Do yourself a favor and read it!
- Murder on the Orient Express (Hercule Poirot #10) by Agatha Christie. It was dramatized on the radio by the BBC and it was amazing seeing how scenarized it was. I enjoyed hearing the different voices. It made my reading very enjoyable.
- The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur. It didn’t affect me as much as I expected it would. And I felt her pain, sorrow and stress but it was not my cup of tea.
- Shadow and Bone ( Shadow and Bone #1) by Leigh Bardugo. I was pleasantly surprised by this book! It was so so so good and they just announced the new cast! (see my discussion post here).
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. This book broke my heart. I laughed, I cried but I mostly felt empathy for Eleanor. It tackled some tough and painful subjects but it was incredibly written. 5 painful stars.
Cruel Intentions by Roger Kumble (1999)
My sister is obsessed with Reese Witherspoon (rightfully so) and after discovering the cinematographic masterpiece Legally Blonde is, I had to see Cruel Intentions! Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe have undeniable chemistry and this movie was very enjoyable, well-written and well played. I also loved how it was a retelling of French classic Les Liaisons Dangereuses. I’m a sucker for retellings.
Hope you’ll all have a wonderful October and happy spooky season!