It has been a while since I have done a book tag on my blog. I have been tagged by the wonderful Meghan @Whimsically Meghan. Meghan is the kindest and most supportive person ever! She’s always the first one to comment on my posts and support me and I’m very grateful for her. Everyone go check out her blog and return the love!
The HOWL Book Tag was created by Tova (Petyr Baeish Books) and is inspired by Rachel Lynn Solomon’s forthcoming enemies-to-lovers contemporary romance, Today Tonight Tomorrow!
1. Rowan: Name a book that features your favourite romance trope
The enemies to lovers trope is the superior trope. I’m ready to fight anyone on this.
I instantly thought about so many characters but I think Jude Duarte and Cardan Greenbriar from The Folk of the Air series and especially in The Cruel Prince represent this trope in a perfect way. The angst? confusion? hatred? and…love? Yes, please and thank you!
2. Neil: Name a fictional character, who turns out to be a lot more than you initially thought
Augustus “Gus Everett from Beach Read. He is rude and cold at first but he is really a soft boi™️ (and I love him for it).
3. Cinerama: Name a book that transports you back in time
I read The Selection series back in high school when it was the peak of my YA addiction and I miss those days, man.
4. The Fremont Troll: Name a fictional character who is always there for you, no matter what. In other words, what fictional character is the centre of your universe?
So this book is my all-time favorite book. And I used to pretend I was the main character Allyson “LuLu” Healey because I wanted to be her so bad. What would Lulu do? What would she say? That’s pretty much it.
5. Pike Place Market: Name a book from your past that is kind of basic (popular), but will always remain special
The Hunger Games series is a very well-known and popular (rightfully so) series , and I miss waiting for the next movie installment to come out and the cast announcements etc. I loved that era. Finnick will forever have a place in my heart.
6. Starbucks (with your name wildly misspelled): Name a book that features a character who has the same name as you—especially if the name is spelled slightly differently
So my name is Karla and I haven’t come across a single character with that name and spelling. However Carla is derived from the name Claire so I went with Claire Fraser.
7. Seattle Public Library: Name a book that holds a special connection in relation to the library for you
I’m very ashamed to say it but I don’t go to libraries for the very good reason that I live in France and most of the books I read are written in English and I hate translations. However since I am moving to Paris in a few weeks I will try to find a library with a large selection of English books. The prompt made me think of Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson where the main character wants to become a librarian and has a close relationship with libraries and books.
8. Delilah Park & Nora Roberts: Name an author you’ve met and/or an author you’d love to meet!
I met Anna Todd!!! It was a very awkward experience for me because I was flustered and self-conscious about my French accent. And I’m sad to say that she wasn’t very….welcoming?
I would LOVE to meet Gayle Forman, Tahereh Mafi, Taylor Jenkins Reid, Holly Black, Stephanie Perkins, Gail Honeyman, Casey McQuinston, Jasmine Guillory, Talia Hibbert, Sarah J. Maas, Marissa Meyer and many others!!
9. The Seattle Skyline: A book that features a location that has a personal connection for you
My family and I went on holiday a few years ago in Barcelona because Isla and Josh went on a romantic getaway there. I went to every single place the characters went and I really felt connected to them somehow. It was a very beautiful time.
10. HOWL: Name a book that features a game that kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time
I was hooked from the beginning and I wanted to know who killed Simon. It was extremely interesting and made me want to explore the mystery genre further.
4 thoughts on “The HOWL Book Tag”
Thank you for doing this tag!! And Karla is a lovely name and one that should be used in more books. I believe there is a font called Karla.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for creating this great tag!! ✨And thank you so much!! 💕 Yes! there is a font called Karla and i try to use it as luch as I can 😅
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yay! I’m glad you did the tag! Thank you so much for your kind words 😭 you’re so sweet! 💞
I agree the enemies to lovers trope is a good trope… your answer reminds me that I need to read more books with that trope!
I’m sorry to hear that meeting Anna Todd wasn’t the best experience, but it is a cute photo! ☺️