Welcome to day 5 of blogmas!! I am very happy with today’s topic because I can see myself coming back to this post throughout the year to check in and see if I’m making progress with my challenge.
First, I’m going to set a yearly reading goal of 80 books; which is ten books more than what I set for this year. I’m actually at 98 out 70 books read this year, which I am incredibly proud of because I used to read 50 books or less (which is still very impressive; reading even one book a year is amazing!) but it was nice to see that it was something that I could do! Reading more books has allowed me to read more diversely and discover new genres and tropes that I didn’t know I liked. I also read more books by Asian authors this year and I realized how much I missed out on. I read a lot of diverse books this year and most of them were actually my favourites but it’s not nearly enough and there are still so many gems out there waiting for me to read them. The following list is a little ambitious but I’m going to try my best and I think it will be fun to see what I managed to achieve by the end of the year! 🥰 So, without further ado, here are my reading goals for 2022.
- Read at least 80 books.
- Read the books that have been sitting on my TBR for more than a year.
- Read at least 10 books by Black authors.
- Read at least 10 books by authors of color.
- Read at least 10 books with LGBTQ+ rep, especially books with trans representation.
- Read at least 10 books by Asian authors.
- Read 5 Classics (French or other).
- Read all of Shakespeare’s plays.
- Finish The Percy Jackson series.
- Finish The Raven Boys series.
- Actually read all the Advanced Reader Copies I request.
- Write more reviews.
- Read all of Talia Hibbert’s backlist.
- Read two poetry books.
- Do not buy new releases unless you really want them or know that you’re going to read them under two months.
- Participate in two readathons.
- Read more books written in French.
- Be more active on my various bookish platforms.
- Find courage to start a Booktube account??
That’s it folks! What are some of your reading goals? Let me know in the comments, I’m curious 🥰
3 thoughts on “Blogmas Day 5: Reading goals for 2022 🏆🗓”
Karla!! It’s been a while since I’ve checked out WordPress and I’ve missed you here! I’m thrilled to hear that 2021 was a good reading year for you, that you’ve managed to read more in quantity as well as more in diversity, and that you’ve found favourites in them! Those are impressive goals, I wish you all the best with them and that you’ll feel fulfilled too, and ahh a book tube channel? If you decide to start one, I’m already your #1 fan haha… anyway, hope December has been treating you well, happy blogmas too! 🥰
Great goals and congrats on meeting your challe ge this year already ❤
I love how specific your goals are! I think the more specific they are, the more you’ll accomplish them. Good luck with all your reading and to not buying books, good luck with that one the most 😄
Booktube you say?!?! I am intrigued and will stay tuned for more updates on this 😍
I’ve been thinking of moving my own Instagram videos to YouTube because it’s easier to share (especially to people who don’t have Insta) I’m just nervous about having a wider audience 😱