I have been nominated by the wonderful Azrah @azyouread for the Mystery Blogger award. If you’re still unfamiliar with her blog, please check it out! She always posts unique and well-written content! Thank you Azrah! ❤
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
This award was originally created by Okoto @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
What made you start your blog?
I just wanted to talk about the books that made me laugh, cry, swoon or scream and my sister got very sick of hearing my rants so I thought I’d start a blog where people would actually be interested in my bookish rants.
What advice would you give to someone who is thinking of starting a blog?
It takes a lot of work! It’s really hard to balance blogging with other things. You have to write posts in advance, actually sit down to write reviews, participate in tags, support other blogs… but all the time and effort is really worth it. I’m so grateful for all the friends I made along the way and the wonderful books I discovered and got to talk about. I really feel like I belong even if it is *virtual*.
What are your go-to remedies for when you’re in a reading slump?
I was actually in a big reading slump so I asked for adive and here’s what I discoverd:
- Take a break: we don’t actually have to read. It’s supposed to make us happy and when it becomes a chore for whatever reason then there’s no point in doing it. Take your time to find your way back to books.
- Social media with a bookish community. What I mean is that book blogs, Booktube or even bookstagram always motivate me to read especially when I see how other people are so passionate.
- Pick a book you’re actually interested in: drop the book that has put you in a reading slump or come back to it later. Pick up a shorter book, a romance novel, a graphic book or just book you’re really interested in.
- Audiobooks and e-readers: changing the “reading format” is always helpful. Sometimes picking up a physical book is daunting and I like to change my reading ways.
What has been your favourite book or series of 2020 so far?
If you could meet one author in person who would it be?
I would love to meet Talia Hibbert, Gayle Forman, Shakespeare, and Sarah J, Maas. They all changed my life in a way or another and I would love to meet them!
- Have you ever had a dream come true?
- What is a book that made you cry (in a good or bad way)?
- What is a character’s name that you really like?
- Where is your favourite place to be?
- What is one of your favourite (book) quotes?
Tag, You’re It
- Meghan @Whimsically Meghan
- Jenna @ Bookmark Your Thoughts
- Margaret @ Weird Zeal
- Rendz @Reading With Rendz
- SOFII @ A BOOK. A THOUGHT.
- Rae @Rae’s Reads and Reviews
- Asha @ Rose Gold Reader
- Laurie @Readbetweentheskylines
- erin @ Reading On A Star
- Ari @Read With Ari
- Liza @The Inharmonious Heroine!
Thank you for reading!